Wednesday 18 February 2015

Why?..



Why did you have to come back all of a sudden?
  Haven’t you wrecked too much havoc already?
The wounds you left me with are yet to heal.
 Scars and bruises of such unspeakable wounds remain etched in my heart till today
. Its strange isn’t it?
  You being an apathetic, stoic charlatan  whereas I stand on the other end of the spectrum, defenseless and timorous.
  Indescribable agony may have hardened my heart to the core, as I still grapple with conscience which asks me to forgive you
. I once came across these wise words-‘’ forgiveness is the highest, most beautiful form of love, So forgive much”.
Before I forgive you, I should know what wrong you have committed shouldn’t I?,
Im unaware of it. I was. And I still am. I assume, not all questions have a succinct answer.
Some missing pieces are lost forever.
Thus all we are left with is an incomplete puzzle.
An unfinished story,  with no ending.
A labyrinth with no exit.
 How does one escape from its serpentine mazes?
You came like a breeze, but left like a noreaster.
 leaving a  battered, uprooted tree behind.
I was gullible to believe that  a few rustled leaves wouldn’t hurt.
But now when I look at my patched and frayed heart, I realize how credulous I was
My naivete became my doom.
 i lived inside a box, and I let you lift the lid to let sunlight enter.
 I wish I knew, the hand which opened the lid, would be the one to open a  Pandora’s Box.
A folly that I will always regret.
An precipitous, implausible act of fatuousness.
But then again, I forgot the golden rule of man’s existence.
Everything that comes together, falls apart one day.
 Like marvelous edifices of glory which turn decrepit over the passage of time
like a the human soul whose vulnerability is exposed as the sand in the hourglass slowly accumulates on the opposite side
 we lose threads of surreal moments of indescribable  joy and euphoria
. The threads unravel one by one, as  the ephemeral veil disintegrates by itself.
Have you ever tried to repair fragments of broken china?
If you have, you might know that no matter how much of an effort you put in finding all the pieces, some infinitesimal atom or molecule is always lost
 The moment you push it from a precipice or the edge of table, its fate is sealed.
Do you still have the missing pieces?
Or have you discarded them already?
You left silently, without leaving a footprint, effacing all mementoes, memorabilia  that might trigger the numbing grief.
You should have disappeared  forever.
But you decided to come back.
To haunt me, torment, exacerbate my misery.
Unanswered questions, unsolved mysteries, and clouds .
Thick grey clouds of  conundrum.
 asphyxiating  and depressing.
Quagmires are like quicksand.
the more you struggle to survive, the deeper you sink.
I immersed so deep, that it is beginning to drown me.
How cruel could you be, to leave me in such a state? 
What are you? A notorious bandit who eludes captivity ?
A sorcerer with otherworldly powers of transforming into wisps of smoke?
Or just a huge question mark in my life ?

Now that you have embraced oblivion again, I pray with all  dedication and devotion
That you must never, reappear. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.
And maybe then, my wounds will finally embalm themselves
And my lugubrious heart will stop searching for its missing vestige..

And my imprisoned soul will be freed..
Again..




No comments:

Post a Comment