Tuesday 3 February 2015

North Wind..

I have given up that which is beyond me,
Struggling, fighting, kicking and squirming
I let go, while at the same time hold on ,
I destroy, I devastate, I despise, i hate
Incapable, I bemoan at my impotence,
I cannot protest, remonstrate,
I am powerless, fettered,
I have no voice, my thoughts are cluttered
I fumble with words, my speech is slurred
In delirium and in consciousness
My memories are blurred,
Seeking a lifeline,
I immerse in  the vastness, in the infinite,
It engulfs me, as I drown, timorous and timid
Pain, like shards of glass, pierce my soul,
I try to catch my breath, while my legs gambol,
Perched in a branch, a cuckoo sings in a dulcet tone,
As the frigid north wind, reminds me of days long gone,
 The golden sunlight pervades the shadows of dawn,
While I sit back, absorbed in reveries of my own,
All of a sudden, a hand beckons,.
A hand of warmth, comfort and compassion,
I hold it, eyes filled with need and longing
And my lips cannot suppress the desire to smile after an eternity..
Because, Finally, I leave behind the eons of procrastination,
And let go..
Of the silhouettes of my past.
I  now look back, and all I see,
are the vestiges of a north wind,
That set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment