Sunday 15 February 2015

Silence..

Sometimes when my eyes are closed,
I hear you whispering, your words inaudible,
and your breath, warm against my ears..
I strain my ears, keeping my eyelids tightly shut
and listen, to the sonorous crescendos,
The throaty, yet soothing ramblings..
Like  radiant sunlight in a frozen tundra
Like a torrential downpour of shooting stars
On a clear, iridescent night..
Like the first monsoon rain,
Like a tempting oasis amidst the desert..
Like the salty, sea breeze caressing my rebellious strands..
On one of those suffocating days of pain and anguish
Curled up in a dark corner, I listen intently..
To the voice that heals, that embalms,
soft, gentle, like a sweet serenade..
I smile, even if I've lost everything..
Immune to the heartache, the broken, shattered dreams
I cherish, I preserve..
Instead of letting go..
and then I open my exhausted eyes, smeared with the grains of kohl..
To a brutal silence..
A silence so piercing, so excruciating..
A silence no chaos can dispel..

No comments:

Post a Comment