Friday 19 June 2015

Detachment.

It is to you that I write. Cry, complain, rant. To you that I come back when the cruel hands of reality push me away, when I am thrust to the uncanny harshness of this world. My heart seeks comfort in you when my dreams are shattered and my wings are clipped. When love abandons me, and all I am left with are vestiges of a choking solitude , I crawl back to you..The disturbing chaos renders me perplexed as I walk away, tracing back my steps towards you.
I keep crossing oceans for people who wouldn't jump across a puddle for me..yet I repeat history, unrelenting and unnerved. Because you have taught me to give, without expectations and recompense..it is why I beget none, and nor am I begotten. You have taught me not to regret and procrastinate, for I cannot turn time around. I have learned, that to see stars we need darkness..
I shall despise you for a moment and then love you back with all the bits and pieces.
It is I, the serene waves and I, the violent waters..You either have both,
or none at all...and whoever you are, wherever you may be, if I am a necessity and not an option, a privilege and not just a disposable means of dependance, I promise you nothing but compassion. Nothing but love. 

Sometimes we make mistakes in choosing people. People whom we grant unheralded rights, unrestricted influence.We give them more than they deserve, in overwhelming quantities and without careful consideration. But it is these very people who turn our backs to us when we need them the most, when we expect a shoulder, a hug or words of comfort. Their pronounced ignorance will bewilder you, and break you from inside. But whenever such things happen, whom do we turn to?
Our exalted Lord. Who sustains and who cherishes. 
Detachment doesn't mean that you own anything, but nothing owns you...
Lower your expectations from people. They are flawed and so are you.
Detach yourself, and ease will come naturally..

No comments:

Post a Comment