Wednesday 28 January 2015

Transformations...



 A month ago, my life was as interesting as a  pancake batter- monotonous and  ridiculously boring.  During my school days, holidays would  feel like an oasis amidst a barren desert,  with the gigantic workload  breathing down on our necks, like enraged dragons. Hence a holiday spanning over three months was quite unprecedented, but as time elapsed the days would feel suffocating and staying confined at home, with nothing to do wasn’t exactly my idea of recreation. There was so much I wanted to do, so many places I wanted to visit, but obstacles would pop out of nowhere at the last moment, leaving me heartbroken.  Suddenly three days ago, a new phase brought an end to my procrastinations.
Now that I look back, university is probably the best thing that has happened to me. Initially daunted and apprehensive, I was anxious about an alien environment, a completely different world. Would I be able to adapt like everyone else did?  Wondering whether the dichotomy between expectation and reality would be too profound, I took the first few tentative steps towards the unknown. And I am so glad I did.  Embracing the new was an overwhelming experience, and the newly discovered sense of independence and individuality  was unforgettable.  I realized that I wasn’t afraid, but a little hesitant about such a radical transition about to take place in my life.
Transformations are difficult to adapt to.  Changes that are inescapable, are ones that bring the biggest transformations in life. when you're used to seeing the same people around you, hear the same voices and feel the predictable emotions anything and everything that exists outside the familiar zone, seems alien. I was used to waking up early in the morning, drag my sleep deprived body to school, absorb those incomprehensibly soporific lectures and tolerate the punitive discipline. But now that the moribund routine finally came to an end, anxiety creeps in. Whether the I am suitable for the 'big bad world' is yet to be decided over the next four cardinal years of my life. Fear is a part of growing up, and it's not how you face them, but how you overcome them, and emerge triumphant on the other side.
But one look at my life today, and I know this is where I belong. Indeed He knows and we know not. There is much to do, so many niches to carve, so many hearts to win, so many ice bergs to melt. To let go of inhibitions is a hard thing to do, but once you do, you realize the importance of exposure .  Your thoughts, perceptions, opinions can influence others, and making an impact, a contribution from where you stand  is  beyond gratifying.  I want my voice to reach the people who need to hear it the most, the lost and the deviated, whose last conversation with their Creator was ages ago. I want to tell them that its not too late to come back, and that one should not look for happiness  in places where they won’t find it . True happiness comes from Allah, and it lasts forever. This world is  but a moment, and let us make it a moment of obedience.
Looking at your past gives you regrets, while one glance at the future gives you opportunities.
Why not make the most of it?...




2 comments:

  1. 'This world is but a moment, and let us make it a moment of obedience.'
    Shivers, soulmatte. Shivers.
    How do I follow you though? :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fairuzpotato I dont think Blogger has a ''follow'' or subscription button, Instead you click on the little red ''g+'' below the post, so that it is recommended to others.

      Delete